If I do not want to appear in court, how can I pay a ticket?

You can either pay your citation through the mail or at the DeForest Police Department during normal business hours.  Citations must be paid at least 5 days before your court date.

Are pets required to have licenses?

Yes.  All dogs within the Village of DeForest are required to be licensed with proof of all required vaccinations. Dog License

I am leaving for vacation, can I get a vacation check of my home by the police department?

Yes.  You can stop in at the DeForest Police Department (110 S. Stevenson St.) and fill out a vacation absence notice or mail the form in.  Although officers make every attempt to keep an eye on your property, there is no guarantee that your property may be physically inspected. 

Can I do a ride-along with a DeForest officer on patrol?

Yes.  You must request a ride-along through a supervisor and sign a waiver of liability.  Times for a ride-along a dependent on the officer's work load and may be cancelled at any time.

How can I report a crime without revealing my identity?

Every citizen should look out for the well-being of our community and should not be afraid to stand up against crime.  However, any information given to help solve crimes is better than none.  If you have information on a crime, no matter how small, you can contact the DeForest Police Department by phone or e-mail.  If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact the TIPS line at 846-6699 or Madison Area Crime Stoppers.  You may be eligible for a cash reward for tips leading to arrests!

How do I file a complaint against an officer?

Call the department during normal business hours to speak to a supervisor.  A complaint form may also be picked up at the police department during normal business hours.

What are the hours for curfew in the village?

The village has a curfew ordinance for anyone under 18 years of age.  Curfew is 10:00pm to 6:00am for anyone under 16 or anyone under 18 with a suspended or revoked drivers license.  Curfew is 11:00pm to 6:00am for anyone 16 or 17 years of age.  Exemptions are for persons going to and from lawful employment, traveling to and from any school or church function, and/or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.