Voter Registration


Are you registered to vote at your current address?  Click here to find out.

Have you had an address or name change since the last time you voted?  You are REQUIRED to re-register to vote.  You must provide Proof of Residence (POR) with the Voter Registration application.  Proof of Residence (POR) is NOT required for active military or permanently overseas voters, but POR is always required of all other registering electors, including indefinitely confined voters in adult-care facilities.  Click here for acceptable types of POR.

How long have you lived in DeForest? Current laws require that you must reside at your current address for at least 28 consecutive days to be eligible to vote.

Open or Closed Registration? During open registration, you can register or re-register to vote in person, by mail, or online.  During closed registration, you may only register in person.  Please see here for current dates. 

Registering in person or by mail? Voters registering or re-registering by mail or in person need to provide Proof of Residence (POR) with their application.  Click here for the Voter Registration Application.

Registering online? Voters can register online at MyVote Wisconsin.  Eligible voters who hold a State of Wisconsin driver license or state ID card who has their current name and address on file with the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (WI DMV) can register to vote online.  If MyVote Wisconsin is unable to match information with the WI DMV, then you will have the option to print, sign, and deliver your registration with Proof of Residence (POR) to Village Hall.